Sep 20, 2004

Melanism

At the Miss International Contest

· The FIRST ever --
Eddie Mercado: "Angie Dickinson has insured herlegs for a million dollars, would you also do the same?"
Melanie Marquez: "No, of course no, because I am proud and contented with my long legged."

Accepting an acting award
· "Eto na po ang pinakamaligayang pasko at manigong taon sa inyonglahat." (yes, for a movie where she plays herself)

About her modeling school
· "You may want to be a model pero mas bagay ka pala maging beautyqueen, so I'll concentrate on your potential as a model."

Being a mother
· "I deserve my Miss International title kasi 'international' din angmga anak ko - may Filipino, may Arab, may Chinese at may American."
· When asked for a message to her daughter who was allegedly abused bytheir houseboy -- "Don't worry little angel, big angel is here."
· On what they should do to the houseboy who molested her kid: "Heshould be put behind bar."

On family·
"My brother is not a girl; he's a gentleman."
· "Kapatid ko pa rin siya. We are one and the same."
· "Ang tatay ko ang only living legend na buhay!"

Talk show moments
· Host: "Ano ba ang pinaka-favorite mong movie lately, Melanie?"
Melanie: "Maganda yung kay Emma Thompson at Kate Winslet, yung "Simple andSimplicity".
· Host: "Paano ka nag-susurvive sa mga trials mo?" Melanie: "Alam moate Ludz, you know, when you are alone, you really have to step yourfoot...ah , forward!"
· At a talk show after her break-up with Derek Dee, Melanie was asked if she had some words for Derek's mother (whom she partly blamed for theseparation)
. "Oo nga," said Melanie, "pero i-English-in ko para maintindihanniya." She looked into the camera and, with the peremptoriness of royalty,said, "And to you, Mrs. Dee, I have two words for you. Ang labo mo!"
· "Period na talaga; wala nang exclamation point." (When asked onS-Files if her present husband, Adam Lawyer, is her Mr. Right.).

Sa Xtra Challenge Hong Kong
· Melanie about Extra Challenge sa Hong Kong: "It's really an openeye(i.e. eye-opener)"
· "Eh nagmamadali na ko eh kaya tumawid na ko sa PEDESTRAL(pedestrian)"
· "....I think its because of the anxiety of curiosity....

"Joey vs Kris vs Melanie
· "hindi si joey ang tipong mambubugbog ng babae...talaga lang malapitsya sa mga gulo...pro-accident kasi sya eh..."
· "hindi ba kayo naawa sa kapatid ko...sa mga kwento nya? di ba kayonapersuave ng mga kinwento nya?"
· "Don't judge my brother; he's not a book."
· "...di sinungaling ang kapatid ko! sa mga pangyayari, sya pa ba angmay kasalanan? di ba nyo nakikita?! di ba nyo nakikita?! are you dep?!"
· "'Yung STD, baka sa maruming toilet lang niya nakuha yan."
· "Eh, ikaw ba naman, durugin ang ari mo... Pag di ka naman manutok ng baril."
· "We are lovers, not fighters."

· Melanie to Kris Aquino. "You're nothing w/o your parents!"

Sari-sari
· "That's why I'm a success, it's because I don't middle in other people's lives."
· "I won't stoop down to my level."
· "I am not an addict. I am the victims!"
· "I don't eat meat. I'm not a carnival."
· "Sumasakit ang migraine ko."
· While waiting backstage during a noontime show, after watching NikkiValdez do her dance number. "Nikki, you're so galing. You should go to the States. You will sell hotcakes."

My personal favorite
· "You can fool me once, you can even fool me twice, you can even foolme thrice. But you can never fool me four"

At bilang pagtatapos --
· "Bakit," Melanie said during an interview. "'Yung magagaling mag-English diyan, may Miss International title ba sila?

got this from an email...
there you go.. lol!


..................... start your week with a laugh everyone. :)

No comments: